Friday 20 June 2014

AKJ_Tokyo



This one is going to be hard to fit into one post too, but, again, I'm taking the photo approach...

Places visited include:
   - Shinjuku
   - Harajuku
   - Shibuya
   - Meiji Shrine
   - Asakusa
   - Akihabara
   - Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building

Most of the above are famous shopping districts, which are really just interesting to walk around in...


 Various shopping areas

 Isn't it cute?




Of course, I have to start by emphasising the people... This was Shibuya, probably the busiest...



 I sacrificed a lot of brain cells to re-find this op-shop from last time I was in Tokyo...
 



My sister and mother at Takeshita Dori - Harajuku.




Meiji Shrine



 I think this was someone's wedding...?
 





These are for Goju's fan of Botany!



Asakusa









Tokyo Metropolitan Government building

I was particularly pleased with this find - unlike the Tower or Skytree, you can go up this building for free, and it isn't over-crowded (dependent on the time you go, of course...) It's a walkable distance from Shinjuku Station.
 







Sukiyaki Experience




I had been searching for somewhere to get reasonably priced Sukiyaki (beef hot pot) since arriving, so this all you could eat - one branch of the Nabezo restaurants - was a highlight!



 Gee, somehow, Tokyo actually turned out to be pretty painless...



No comments:

Post a Comment