Friday 20 June 2014

AKJ_Kyoto



It's going to be some effort to condense my weekend trip to Kyoto into one post, but I think the photos of the trip are probably the most important thing to give a sense of Kyoto, so I'll try to use photos rather than words!

The itinerary included:
   - Nara Daibutsu (not actually in Kyoto)
   - Kiyomizu Dera
   - Kinkaku-ji
   - Fushimi Inari 
   - Arashiyama
   - Yastuhashi (popular food) making
   - Etsuke cup painting

Enjoy!

 
Daibutsu (Giant Buddha)


 Making friends with the locals



 I felt like kind of an idiot standing there like that, but it did make for a good photo, I suppose...










Kiyomizu Dera






The Japanese Girls in the group bought fortunes...












 Kinkaku-ji








Fushimi Inari

I went here with my mother and sister, separate to the group...

 










 Arashiyama 






It was so hot that day - pulling a human powered carriage would have been hard work!






Yatsuhashi




I didn't make these ones, sadly...but these flavours are interesting...Yatsuhashi is everywhere in Kyoto...I don't know how I missed it when I was there a few years ago..


Etsuke



 My not particularly impressive effort at Kamui from the Manga Gintama.



Other
 



Our Washoku meals were impressive. The one just above was breakfast. I would be hard pressed to tell you what half of it was, but it tasted good...





 The Chinese girls got a bit obsessed with their image making app...it's not a bad effort though...



Well, that's it for photo dump number one - I hope they are entertaining!





1 comment:

  1. We had a great time in Japan visiting AKJ and the photos prove it. M

    ReplyDelete