Sunday 13 April 2014

AKJ_Some Fun, Random Bits



First of all, meet the Chinese Exchange Students!

These three are pretty much my constant companions, so you'll probably be seeing more of them.


From left, you have Tan, You and Hon. Well, at least that's what I call them. Every time someone asks, they say something different... What's more random than that?



Secondly, this picture sums up my overall impression of Nagoya so far:

 
The Sakura's (Cherry Blossoms) will soon be outdated (but seriously, they're everywhere).

Also, nothing negative intended by the crow, but they too, are everywhere.



Next (it's kind of pathetic really), meet my number one lunch!


Yes, everywhere I have turned, there have been hamburgers (just the patty, not on a bun). This one, admittedly, is a bit more interesting (or outrageous?) due to the fact that hidden under it is what's called om-rice (オムライス omuraisu). If you haven't guessed, that's an omelette on rice...



And finally, what everyone wants to see (maybe) - a temple!

I know, I've been pretty slack not giving you a picture of anything temple-like so far, so here's two!



This is Osu Kannon Temple. Really, we spent more time in the shopping arcade to the right than in the temple (as do most of the hip young people who frequent the area), but I know I enjoyed the temple (apart from the incense smoke I inhaled...)

What might seem random (but in Japan, it's not really), is the proximity of an ugly apartment building to the temple.

The pigeons were also random...so many pigeons (there's just something about birds and Nagoya...) 



No comments:

Post a Comment