Saturday 15 November 2014

AKJ_Yuzen Zome (Cloth Dyeing)


Hi all,

Cloth Dyeing is another cultural experience that the small band of exchange students were recently introduced to. It's more famous in Kyoto, but Nagoya has a bit of a reputation, so I was told, for the style of cloth dyeing that uses stencils. I for one am glad for that, because it was hard enough with stencils!

I was lucky though, in that the pattern that I chose was rather undemanding. I was expecting to get a reasonably mediocre result, so I'm pleased with how I left my effort. Hopefully the end result, with the background coloured, will be alright!





                                 My effort...



This is the teachers - far more detailed than mine, and at the top and the bottom he had to reposition stencils etc...



Thanks to the staff for the photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment