Friday 19 September 2014

AKJ_Karate Tournament (Observation)


Hi,

Last weekend it just so happened that a Karate tournament took place within walking distance of my residence. Unfortunately (almost shockingly!) it wasn't Goju but Toshinkai, but I still decided that going to have a look would be a good experience. I stick by that opinion after the fact.

I found it to be highly educational and entertaining, and was absorbed in it for the whole day. I believe it was an event that had competitors from around the prefecture. The majority of the competitors were school aged - above that there weren't a huge number. Both Kata and Kumite events were held. Seeing how they run the events (scoring etc) was interesting in itself.

Anyway, that's probably enough blabbing on about it - naturally I took photos, so here they are:




 Above are some girls from my university who competed...
 












I definitely recommend going to a tournament (not necessarily participating) and just soaking it up - I say that especially to current karateka, but also to anyone interested in karate!

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment